Apply by 12/30/07 for 2008
Garnette Arledge send this information for posting.
Yes it’s true! The Alzheimer's Association/ Hudson Valley, Rockland/ Westchester chapter has grants for respite care of someone with dementia that MUST be applied for the end of this year (2007) That’s just under 3 weeks! Here are the details;
- The grants are for up to $500 (more $ may be available in some circumstances). They’re called TIME AWAY GRANTS and are to help caregivers of a loved one with dementia. The help is temporary, to allow the caregiver a respite, whether to attend an out-of town gathering, go away overnight, do errands, have a medical procedure done, or just sleep late for a change.
- The person being cared for need not have Alzheimer’s disease (Dementia can be caused by many things, such as Parkinson’s, Vascular disease, etc)
- The family must reside in Ulster County – but it’s a Big county folks…
- The Respite care that the grant covers can include a home care aide, adult day care or temporary placement in a nursing home, assisted living, or adult home.
- The care provider must be from a licensed agency only –no privately paid aides are eligible.
If you know someone who meets these criteria, or you think they meet the criteria, PLEASE notify me ASAP and I can interview them and get an application completed. And please pass the word, we’re running out of time.
Wendy K. Rudder, LCSW
2 Jefferson Plaza Suite #103
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tel: 845-471-2655 or 340-8474